We welcome all U.S. Naval Academy graduates in the Hampton Roads area to join us in the local Chapter's activities.
Joining our chapter ensures that you'll get the latest information about chapter activities, and updates on local events of interest to Naval Academy grads.
Members also receive access to the directory of local alumni.
Please consider joining our chapter. We'd love to see you regularly!
Your membership dues at work
We use some of our funds to help Virginia high school students attend the Naval Academy's Summer Seminar and STEM Programs.
In their own words, here is what our students have to say:
"My experience at Summer Seminar was incredible. From the very first day, the midshipmen at the Academy made us feel welcome, talking with us at lunches, running alongside us during morning PEP, and answering all our questions about life at the Naval Academy.
I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to attend Summer Seminar. I enjoyed my time at the Naval Academy and appreciated getting to learn more about what life is like as a midshipman." — J.C.
"The Naval Academy Summer Seminar was an experience like no other. I not only was challenged physically but also mentally by the great detailers that were assigned to us. I thank the U.S. Naval Academy Hampton Roads Alumni Association Chapter for giving me the opportunity to partake in this fantastic experience. Without them it would have been impossible." — J.W.
Naval Academy Foundation
With approval from the board of directors, the chapter will, from time to time, donote money to programs that the Naval Academy Superintendent considers important, and that meet the standards of our mission. For example, in 2016 we made a large donation (PDF) to the Naval Academy Foundation in support of the International Programs Office, enough to support one midshipman's study abroad.
Other membership benefits
We have a very active chapter, with members across a wide range of class years, both young and old. Here are some of our notable activities:
- Monthly Joint Service Academy Networking Breakfasts featuring interesting and dynamic speakers.
- A members-only employment forum to job seekers and employers.
- Periodic happy hours events at local venues.
- Periodic luncheons or dinners with high profile speakers.
- The annual Plebe Recognition Dinner at which we host and recognize local students and/or Sailors that are about to enter USNA, NAPS, or a Foundation School.
- Two annual golf events — one in the spring and one in the fall.
- Our annual Joint Service Academy/ROTC Information Day for local students, and their family members, who are interested in attending any of the Service Academies or an ROTC program at a civilian institution.
- Monetary support for students attending USNA's Summer Seminar and Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs.
- Group attendance at local sporting events – Norfolk Tides baseball, Norfolk Admirals hockey, USNA athletic contests when the mids come to town.
- An annual football ticket exchange for local alumni to buy and sell Navy football tickets.
- Regular gatherings to watch Navy football.
- Our annual Army-Navy Party.