Following is the public announcement of the 2019 Distinguished Graduate Award recipients. We will issue this announcement to the entire alumni community in the coming days.
On 7 December 2018, the U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association Distinguished Graduate Award Selection Panel, chaired by Admiral Jonathan W. Greenert ’75, USN (Ret.), selected the following alumni as 2019 Distinguished Graduates:
- Dr. J. Phillip London ’59, CACI International Inc Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board and founder of the modern-era worldwide technology pacesetter
- Admiral Robert J. Natter ’67, USN (Ret.), former Commander, U.S. Atlantic Fleet/Fleet Forces Command and Commander-in-Chief of the NATO Western Atlantic Command, who also served previously as Chairman of the U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association Board of Trustees and is a current member of the U.S. Naval Academy Foundation Board of Directors
- Colonel Walter P. Havenstein ’71, USMCR (Ret.), former SAIC CEO, who also served on the Naval Academy Foundation Board of Directors
- Admiral Robert F. Willard ’73, USN (Ret.), Former Commander, U.S. Pacific Command and President and CEO of the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations
- Captain Wendy B. Lawrence ’81, USN (Ret.), the first active duty female naval officer to fly in space
Please join us in congratulating the 2019 Distinguished Graduate Award recipients. A more detailed Distinguished Graduate Award announcement with more extensive biographical information will be released in January 2019.
Admiral Samuel J. Locklear ’77, USN (Ret.)
Chair, U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association Board of Trustees
Byron F. Marchant ’78
President and CEO, U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association and Foundation