The Local Chapter Advisor Program (LCAP) is a unique and important opportunity to engage our newest USNA alumni.
Last year when the Class of 2019 was introduced to the Alumni Mentoring Program (AMP) by representatives from the Class of 1969, some 1/C Midshipmen indicated a desire to be contacted by someone from a local Chapter prior to or shortly after arriving at their first duty station. As a result, LCAP was born!
Although meeting with 1/C Midshipmen has not been possible this year, USNA and the Class of 1969 LCAP coordinators have continued efforts to determine which members of the graduating class might be interested in participating in LCAP 2020.
Please consider volunteering to advise and assist new officers arriving in Hampton Roads for their first duty station in 2020.
Here's how the LCAP works:
- Interested Midshipmen sign up in the spring of their 1/C year.
- Soon after graduation, USNA provides the Chapter with a list of new officers that have requested advisors in our area.
- Local Chapter Advisors are assigned by the Chapter point of contact to reach out directly to the new officers.
- Examples of how Local Chapter Advisors can assist these new officers include:
- Sharing local knowledge on living in the area and working at their first permanent duty station;
- Providing information on such things as lodging; shopping, transportation, local commuting issues and traffic; networking and local contacts; and local entertainment and activities.
- Explaining the benefits of Chapter membership and encouraging participation in Chapter events.
The program point of contact is Stan Bryant '69, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up here!