Local Chapter Advisers
Become a Local Chapter Advisor for new USNA graduates
The Local Chapter Advisor Program (LCAP) is a unique opportunity to engage our newest USNA alumni.
When the Class of 2019 recently signed up for the Alumni Mentoring Program, many Midshipmen indicated a desire to be contacted by our local Chapter.
Please consider volunteering to advise and assist new officers arriving in Hampton Roads for their first duty station.
Here's how the Local Chapter Advisor Program works:
- Interested Midshipmen sign up in the spring of their 1/C year.
- Soon after graduation, USNA provides the Chapter with a list of new officers who have requested advisors in our area.
- Local Chapter Advisors are assigned by the chapter point of contact to reach out directly to the new officers.
Local Chapter Advisors can assist these new officers by:
- Sharing local knowledge on living in the area and working at their first permanent duty station;
- Providing information on such things as lodging; shopping, transportation, local commuting issues and traffic; networking and local contacts; and local entertainment and activities.
- Explaining the benefits of Chapter membership and encouraging participation in Chapter events.
The program point of contact is Stan Bryant '69, email@example.com.